Monday, June 30, 2008

Reality

The reality of going to Mayo has hit me. A couple days ago the itinerary for the first day arrived in the mail and looking at that made this entire thing a reality. I can't believe that my husband is sick enough to go all the way to the Mayo Clinic to get a second opinion. It is so hard to deal with sometimes. My stomach is in knots thinking about this upcoming trip. I have so much to do to get ready to leave for eight days. And on top of getting the two of us ready I have to make sure that the kids are ready and taken care of as well. The girls will be staying with my mom and Rick's mom. They will be taking turns taking care of the girls.

This whole thing is so stressful for me. I don't like not knowing what is going to happen. We know what is scheduled for the first day, but after that won't be decided until we actually meet with the doctor. It is almost intimidating to meet with such a prestigious doctor. We are going to be working on our question list for him this week.

Only 5 more days to go.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be stressed! It may be alot to handle..but you have the support of your family and friends to back you up. Maybe seeing this new doctor will give you a different outlook for Rick. WHo knows..