Monday, February 15, 2010

Weigh-In #5 & #6

Okay, I know, I totally stink at updating lately. I don't know what my problem is. I just feel like I don't have a lot to say right now.

Last Monday's weigh-in went great. I lost another 3 pounds finishing in 1st place again. We teamed up with a partner last week to give out extra encouragement and hold each other accountable. I really appreciated my partner Annie and all her positive encouragement. I know it helped to keep me focused.

I am having some trouble staying focused right now. Especially after today's weigh-in. Today was not a good day for me. I gained a pound this week. I worked out 4 times and ate just like I have been doing yet I still gained a pound. I slipped back to 2nd place for the week.

Tonight I have gotten off track and ate some chocolate, ate a bigger dinner than I should, and then had a couple little candies.

I know I have to get back on track somehow. It is just so easy to follow old patterns and just ignore all the hard work I have put in for the past 6 weeks. So my prayer for the week is to get myself back into the right mindset to keep up the weightloss.

Until next time,

3 comments:

JackieThomposn said...

You can do this.... Everyone has a weird week, and this past week was yours. Could be a number of things. Tomorrow is a new day and with that new day is a clean slate. Forget today and your weigh in and start fresh. No matter what you have lost weight!! Not a lot of people can say that. Hang in there. I know with cookie sales it will be tough, but you really can make this happen. I believe in you, and you should believe in yourself.
Love you!!

Cup of Grace Coffee Shop said...

I'm a long-time reader, but first time commenter. First congraduatlations on your weight-loss journey!! Even though we are always focused on the number and working out is always good for the body, but when we work out it creates muscle which weighs more than fat. Even though the number is higher, you probably burned some fat and replaced it with muscle. Are you clothes fitting better?

Another good thing is to take your measurements and see how those are changing along your journey because those numbers will be the true measurement on how you are doing. Also make sure that you get your BMI because that's a good number to have and be a test for how much muscle you are forming.

Ellen said...

Just remember how badly you want this. You've been doing great and will do so again. Sometimes we gain but our measurements still decrease. The scale doesn't always cooperate for many reasons. Don't despair. Things will get better!