Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hungry Girl

When I started the Biggest Loser at work one of my co-workers got us hooked on a website called Hungry Girl (not to be confused with Hungry Girls, trust me). You can check out the website here. They send out daily emails with lots of helpful hints and ideas.

So tonight I decided to buy the cookbooks.

I am really excited to crack these books open and start planning my weekly menus. Planning ahead and having ideas really helps keep me on track. I plan on hitting the grocery store tomorrow and I am excited about having a healthy menu planned out for the week.

I will let you know how it goes. And I will pass along anything fantastic that I discover. Hopefully I don't poison my family. Wish me luck!

Until next time,

2 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome! I have both of these on hold at the library, but am guessing I will probably want to buy them too! Can't wait to see them....

Carrie said...

Have you tried the laughing cow cheeses? You can get them at costco so they are not so expensive. I simmer about 1/2 a cup of water and add 2 cheeses and mix until they melt, then add 1/4 cup of fat free sour cream. You can season it with anything you want and it turns out like a great alfredo sauce. Hungry girl has great ideas!!