Monday, March 1, 2010

Weigh-In #8

I am so close to losing 20 pounds that I can almost reach out and touch it. I lost another 1 1/2 pounds this week. And that is with pigging out on pizza last thursday and eating chips and salsa yesterday while sitting on the couch doing nothing. I only have 1 more pound to go to reach the 20 pound mark. And then only 30 more to go to reach my original goal of losing 50 pounds. That is a frustrating thought considering how hard it has been the last couple weeks.

Losing weight is not easy!! It can be so frustrating to watch people eating whatever they want and knowing that I really shouldn't be eating the things that I crave. I am not only doing this for the competition but also for a lifestyle change so that I am happy with how I feel about myself. I haven't felt so great about myself the past couple years. But it takes a certain frame of mind to be able to get the strength to work on changing one's lifestyle. I feel like I am somewhat in that frame of mind, it just sometimes seems to allude me.

I have people ask me what I am doing to lose the weight. The main thing was focusing on eating MUCH healthier. Snacking on fruits and veggies has been a big change. And watching my portion sizes is a huge step as well. I have discovered some great cookbooks and have followed a lot of those recipe ideas. I have virtually cut out fast food (except for the occasional french fries or pizza) and have avoided sweets almost totally. I have only had a tiny bit of chocolate this entire year, which is so not easy!!!

I did join a gym. Although I find it very hard to get motivated enough to workout as much as I should. I really don't particularly like going to the gym, so that has become my biggest struggle. And then the guilt I feel for not going makes me feel even worse. I know I need to go. I know that is going to help my overall weightloss goal and make me much healthier. I just wish it didn't suck so much!!!

If you were wondering, I am yet again in 1st place this week. I didn't know I had a competitive side, but I am certainly tickled to be coming in 1st place all the time. It feels really good. And it feels good to have people notice that I am looking different (even if I don't think I look different).

Until next time,

5 comments:

Ellen said...

I hate the gym too, but I made a commitment to go 5 times a week (yuk). The water aerobics is fun, cardio would be boring if it weren't for my music but I listen to some great tunes as I work out. I splurged and got a trainer and the 30 minutes I spend with her goes pretty fast. She's the one who pushes me farther than I've ever gone. She's also the one who leaves me aching - but that is good. As boring as it is, I recommend going!

MargieAnne said...

I love reading your Blog. Thanks for keeping it up.

I thought you might like a little fun but it does take a bit of time. I've not done anything like this before and not sure how you feel about these things but I did enjoy doing it. I've nominated you for an award and a True or False game. I'm very sorry I'm unable to send you the award direct but I don't even know how to collect it LOL. If you want to go to Mama Bear June's Blog ... linked on my last post, you can see the award and collect it for yourself. It was a timely piece of light relief for me.

Denise said...

Rock on sister! You're doing amazing! Having people start to comment on your weight loss is HUGE! That's when you know you're really gonna do this. Yes, it's hard (don't I know it!), but... You're worth it! Think of the clothes you'll be buying soon!

Chibi said...

Congrats on the loss!

I've found over the years that being in the right mind-set is definitely beneficial in changing habits/lifestyle. However, that's easier said than done: too bad we can't just flip a switch. ;)

I'm not a gym person - I *know* I wouldn't go (enough), and I can't stand wasting money, so I don't bother even though there's a gym literally across the street from us. We walk a lot, I use free weights at home, and I like workout DVDs instead. Not quite the same, but easier for me to stick to than a gym membership.

HotHarmony said...

Welcome to HYC!

It sounds like you really have it down 1.5lbs in a week is a great weight loss.