Monday, August 3, 2009

Liver Life Walk

Rick and I are both very excited to be joining the American Liver Foundation's Liver Life Walk in Portland Oregon. The walk is September 13th. At the moment Rick and I are the only members of Team Rick. Our goal is to each raise $150. I am the team captain and my site can be found by clicking here. Rick's site can be found by clicking here. Do you want to help us reach our goal? You can help by donating to Team Rick by sponsoring either one of us. Maybe you know someone in the area that would like to join our team. Or maybe you would like to join our team. You can join and help us raise even more money for the American Liver Foundation. We would both really appreciate any donation amount.

This is obviously a very important cause to us. This is the first time that either one of us has ever done anything like this. We are both looking forward to this walk. We will get to meet Carl and Dawn in person for the first time. Carl has been picked as the honoree for the walk. That is so awesome!

I hope that we are both able to reach our goal before the walk on September 13th. 5K is a long walk for us so hopefully we will both be able to be healthy enough to walk the whole thing. Better start working out I guess.

I will update with more information on our donation status as we start getting donations. Thank you in advance to anyone that donates. We really appreciate it!!

Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so happy that you two are coming!!!

Anonymous said...

It's very inspiring that you are doing the walk. I have been thinking about doing a walk as well and now I'm going to see if our local ALF has one and start a team as well. Thanks for the inspiration. Good Luck.

Toni
Kansas City