Wednesday, February 11, 2009

4 Things and an Update

My friend Heather posted this on her blog today and named me on it so I decided to play along.

Four Things

FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER AND OVER: Target, Starbucks, Work, the girl's School

FOUR PEOPLE WHO EMAIL/IM ME REGULARLY: Jackie, Sally, Lee, Facebook

FOUR PLACES I LIKE TO EAT: Anthony's, Red Lobster, Clinkerdaggers, Olive Garden

FOUR PLACES I’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW: Hawaii, A Caribbean Cruise, Italy, anywhere that reality won't follow me

FOUR TV SHOWS I COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER: Beverly Hills 90210, CSI Miami, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives

FOUR PEOPLE THAT I THINK WILL RESPOND: I don't really know. If you have a blog maybe you will feel like posting. And if not maybe you will leave me a comment with your four things.

_______________________________________

I made a few phone calls today to a couple of Rick's doctors because of the pain. First I called the GI because of the jaundice/itching/right side pain. His doctor sent him immediately for more bloodwork and scheduled an ultrasound for friday afternoon. The doc is concerned that there could be a blockage in the liver somewhere causing these problems. Second I called the rheumatologist to let that doc know how bad Rick's back pain has gotten in the last 48 hours. I was told to contact the surgeon we are waiting to get an appointment with. That was a bust. But the rheumatologist is so worried about this that he is personally contacting another surgeon first thing in the morning.

And he also said that Rick should STOP working. I don't know how to convince him to take some time off. His pain is basically a 10 out of 10. It hurts him to sit so he has to recline in the recliner. That is the only comfortable position he can sit in. To watch him stand up is sad because I can see how much he is hurting. How he can continue to work, and make it seem as if he isn't in pain is beyond me. He really needs to not worry about the financial stuff and take care of himself. The financial stuff can be worked out later, his health cannot.

I am so close to needing a padded room. I really need a hug. I really need to just cry and scream. I really need a break. Rick needs a break. Rick really needs a break. Or maybe just a good surgeon.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

JackieThomposn said...

I am sorry... If you need to talk, you can call me anytime.