Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Rick is home!! We actually got home yesterday, tuesday, afternoon. As you can imagine it is exhausting to get back home and get settled after nearly a week in the hospital. The girls came home tonight. And the dog came home tonight too. I think he was the most excited to be home.

The biggest challenge so far has been figuring out some lowfat/fat free meals for Rick. He has to be very careful about what he eats in order to keep the pancreas calm. Anything too fatty could over stimulate the pancreas and he could get sick again. He has to eat like this for the next week and then he should be safe to resume a normal diet. I went grocery shopping today to pick up some more food that he can eat. It isn't easy to figure out what to feed someone that has never had to worry about fat content before. I feel bad that he has to eat this way, but he isn't really hungry so it is okay for the time being.

I really do have a lot of things to blog about but I am just beyond exhausted. I had a horrible day at work. It is times like this that prove who your real friends are, and it is obvious that the girls at work are not real friends. And I have so much to catch up on and things to do before Rick has surgery next week. I plan on filling you all in on everything in the next day or two. Right now I can hardly think straight.

Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everyone is home safe and sound. I have been praying for you! Will continue to pray through Rick's surgery. I understand your exhaustion. Please remember to take care of yourself, too!

Anonymous said...

glad that you are home now! I talked to your mom and she told me about the day you had at work. It's horrible that your co workers don't show concern for you!
Whatever you need, I'll be there! Just let me know!! Seriously!!