Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pancreatitis Sucks!!!!!!!

So as many of you know by following my Twitters on my sidebar, Rick is in the hospital with pancreatitis. He had his ERCP on wednesday and he developed a severe case of pancreatitis. It was so bad that I honestly thought he was dying. And Rick says it felt like he was dying. He was very out of it and doesn't remember very much. I have never ever been so scared. His pain was through the roof. He is on a liquid diet and even still doesn't want to "eat" that.

I have never seen Rick like this. It has been a long few days. And I haven't had my computer. My good friend Heather brought her laptop to the hospital today and that is how I am able to update. I promise to update with a lot more information later but for right now I just wanted to post a quick update. If you want to know what is happening just follow me on Twitter. That is my only way to update at the moment.

I have been staying at the hospital with Rick so I haven't even been home to get on my computer.

I hope that you all will please pray for Rick as he is trying to heal from this. He is going to be rescheduling his back surgery. Right now he is too sick to be able to go through major surgery. Please just say a prayer for a quick recovery and for him to get home.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Laney said...

So, my husband just got told yesterday that he is going to have to have another ERCP. His last one gave him a very similar, painful bout of pancreatitis like Rick had. I'm so nervous that he'll get sick with it again and have to be hospitalized.