Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy 12th Anniversary!



We were married 12 years ago today. At the age of 20 (just barely 20) I could never have imagined how drastically things would change. It all seemed so perfect and easy back then. There was nothing we couldn't do. We had our whole lives in front of us.

We still have a lot to do, but it is certainly a tougher road to travel to get those things done. I mean seriously, it is really a tough road. It has been very bumpy with lots of construction. Okay I am done with the stupid metaphor.

Happy Anniversary Rick! I love you very much and I am very proud of how strong you have been.

Love Always and Forever,

Jaime

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the tough, bumpy road. Been there and traveled that road. During the worst of my husband's illness, we considered our theme-song to be the old disco song, "Rollercoaster". Ups and downs constantly. We are fortunate to have now had a year of mostly "ups". I wish the same for you, my friend.

Linda, Wichita, KS

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Susan said...

Hi Kids,
Wow! I certainly remember all the excitement and planning for your beautiful wedding just a short twelve years ago. You were both so young and excited. High school sweethearts with the world at your toes.

Now, two gorgeous daughters, one goofy dog, several goldfish, three homes, and many illnesses later, life has presented you with a bumpier road than expected.

Many people go through life without appreciating the love that surrounds them. Your love has grown with each new obstacle. I wish I had a magic wand to make Rick well, but I have been very proud as you have faced each bump in the road with continued strength and love.

Wishing you a very Happy Anniversay!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jaime - Check out this website:
http://www.celiac.org/downloads/research/Rubio-Tapia%202007%20Liver%20in%20Celiac%20Disease%20(2).pdf

Might be worth checking into. Wouldn't it be amazing if all Rick had to do is make a simple diet change to feel better? Maybe you've already checked into this, if so, nevermind. I just ran across this article and thought of him.

Sharon