Friday, October 17, 2008

DRUGS




Cost before insurance: $5,496.38

Cost after insurance: $60.00

Prescription insurance: Priceless

So I had to pick up a couple of Rick's refills today and it struck me how much there was when it was all put into a big size grocery paper bag, with handles. And the amazing thing is this isn't all of it. He still has another one that needs to be refilled next week. The nice thing is that this is a three month supply of everything except for his Humira, which is his weekly injection. So if you add another prescription into the mix it would bring the total to well over $12,000 for a three month supply of everything, including three months worth of Humira. I would consider the insurance priceless, wouldn't you?

So just for fun I added up how many pills this is for three months. And the total is 2,340. Rick swallows 2,340 pills every three months. Yikes. And also that makes 12 shots as well. Double Yikes!!

Anyone wanna trade places? Any takers? I didn't think so.

Until next time,

Jaime

2 comments:

heather said...

my heart aches for him and what he endures on a daily basis. I do pray for God to give him comfort and peace...what a trooper! and I do know what it's like to take Pentasa, because it was one that I took for a couple years until we found 6MP to work better.

And look at how God provides for you guys (with insurance that pays that much for drugs!) That's awesome and a huge answer to prayer!

Blonde Momma said...

that's crazy. I've never even thought to add geoff's up. You have AMAZING insurance! I think we pay around $200 for everything...