Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Poop Deck

When we first brought Jack home Samantha asked where we were going to build the poop deck. I laughed so hard!! She was serious though. And then she offered to help pooper scoop the back yard. Lately that hasn't been much of an issue since I basically have to pooper scoop my living room. I don't know what to do. Jack was so good about only going outside for the first couple weeks, but the last few days have been filled with lots of accidents in the house. I find it totally disgusting!!! And now today he has also been peeing in the house as well. I can't have him doing this inside the house. Not only is it gross but it is not good for Rick's health.

Jack has also been nipping at the girls as well. Tonight Megan was laying on the floor and he bit her nose. He wasn't like this until a few days ago. I can't have Jack biting my girls.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to train a dog. I was so excited when he was so good at first. I thought that I was really lucky. Now I am just peeved. Maybe I just haven't been giving him as much love. He is a puppy and maybe he just needs some lovin'. Afterall, his big giant stuffed dog can only take so much lovin' if you know what I mean.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Petree Clan said...

I read your blog all the time and love it- even though I don't know you!!

About the pooping puppy- are you letting him out all the time to go potty outside, or are you waiting for him to show you some type of cue that he needs to go out? Puppies usually need to go out to potty alot more than adult dogs (kinda like children!)so if I were you I would take him out every hour until the accidents stop. Take him out, tell him "go potty" (or whatever phrase you want to use) and when he does, give him a treat and praise him. When he has an accident tell him "no no bad (insert name)" and take him outside- immediatley and tell him your potty cue. You have to do this for a while until he gets that potty goes outside-not in.

Another reason he could having accidents and be nipping (well, there are many- but he is a puppy and they teeth)is because he isn't getting enough attention and so he has figured out that when he gets in trouble he at least gets SOME and that would be the same for the nipping. Puppies need LOTS of chew toys- they will loose their baby teeth just like us. When he chews on something he shouldn't you tell him "NO" and give him what he should be chewing on.

Just some ideas... hope they help a bit.

Good luck!

~T