Friday, October 24, 2008

My Favorite City.....

is Seattle. We are staying in Everett tonight in preparation for tomorrow's final band competition. We stopped in Seattle for a few hours on the way. I love Seattle!!



Here is Mt. Rainier on our way this morning. It was a little cloudy so it isn't really clear.



Our first stop was Spud. It has the BEST fish and chips and clam chowder ever!! The fish is so big you only need one piece. And if you don't believe me just check it out:



I really like going to Alki Beach in west seattle. I think it is so pretty and the colors are really beautiful right now.


Then we headed over to Pike Place Market. I love how it smells there. It is fun to just walk around and look at all the beautiful flowers and fruit stands.
I thought it would be fun to buy a bouquet of flowers to put in our hotel room. Here is my beautiful bouquet:

Tomorrow we will spend all day with the band. Hopefully it won't be too cold. And then the plan is to go home a different route through Leavenworth. I can only imagine how pretty it will be this time of year. I plan to try to take some pictures of the fall colors. Hopefully the weather will be nice on sunday so that I can get some good shots.
I am going to go soak in the hot tub right now. Rick is at rehearsal and I am hanging out, enjoying some peace and quiet at the hotel.
Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love Spud's too, Jaime. Yes, their fish & chips are the best!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Blonde Momma said...

Looks beautiful! Maybe Washington won't be so bad.