Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Benefit

I couldn't decide if I wanted to post about something wonderful that is being organized for our family. But when I thought about it there are a lot of people that read this blog that I don't know that might want to know about it. So here it is:

On March 24th there is going to be a benefit dinner and silent auction for Rick's medical bills and other medical needs. This is being organized by our wonderful friends Heather and Sam. We went to high school with Heather and she teaches percussion with Rick. Sam is the marching instructor. They are ones that came up with the idea and have been planning it for a while now. There are really no words to describe how it feels to have someone care so much about our family and my husband.

The plan is that there will be a dinner with live music. The drumline will perform along with other school groups that will be the opening acts for a local christian rock band Beaf. There is also going to be a silent auction going on as well. Currently Heather is gathering donations for the auction. If any of you want to contact her you can email her at hbrown@cvsd.org . I will update with more information as the date gets closer.

I did hesitate about posting this information because I don't want anyone thinking that we are asking for donations. This is all possible because of the generosity of some very close friends. This is a very humbling experience. I have been to benefits for families before and I have known people that have needed them. But to be the family that needs this now is overwhelming. I can't believe we are in this situation, but by the thoughtfulness of some friends it is easier to handle.

Numerous times I have wondered when Rick is going to get a break. I have wondered why all these bad things keep happening to someone so good. I think that God had a hand in guiding Heather to do this for Rick. This is such a blessing. This has to be his break. He deserves it.

Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

JackieThomposn said...

I am so happy for yall. I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Please keep your chin up and keep believing that God has brought Heather to you for a reason. I always knew she had such a big heart. You know I will pass this along. :)
Love you much,
Jackie

Blonde Momma said...

I think this is wonderful. I want to help in some way.