Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Probiotics: Yay or Nay?

I asked the dietitians at my office what to do about the gastritis. One of them suggested trying probiotics. From what I have read about probiotics it is more for intestinal disorders. But my problem is not intestinal, it is actually my stomach. Or at least that is what the doctor thinks up to this point. So my question to all of my wonderful readers is: Do any of you have any experience with probiotics? If you do, please don't be embarrassed to leave a comment. I would really like some advice on this subject. I would like to avoid having to use a dietary supplement like Ensure or Boost. Because that is what one of the other dietitians suggested if it doesn't get any better.

Until next time,
Jaime

P.S. Today was a great day! I am proud to be an American. This is really a cool country when you stop and look at all the pomp and circumstance of inauguration day.

2 comments:

heather said...

I don't personally have experience with Probiotics, but my mom does & has tried to get me to start taking it for quite some time. I am considering it...what I love is it's not another prescription drug that I have to take...it's all natural.
A really good friend of mine just started taking it recently (in the last month) for intestinal/stomach issues and saw a huge difference in taking it. She said that you have to take it with food, but eating was her problem so she had to stop taking it. This last thursday she had her gall bladder removed, hoping that might be the cause of her symptoms...we'll give her a couple weeks and see how she feels then..maybe she'll start the probiotics again...

At least the good thing is with trying it, is if you don't notice a change in your symptoms then you can stop taking it. But I would at least try!

Hope you get some relief soon! been praying for you!

JackieThomposn said...

I am sorry to say I can't give you any insight on this subject. It sounds like it wouldn't hurt. Do you get it at GNC or something??? Sounds like maybe I might need to start something like that. Maybe after my surgery...
Anyway, I agree with your views on the politic issue. No matter if you voted for Obama or not, that ceromony was pretty awesome!