Friday, January 9, 2009

Disease Mentor

I hopped over to my friend Dawn's blog this evening and noticed that she was talking about being a "disease mentor". Guess who came up with the title of "disease mentor"? Any guesses yet? ME! I used this while having a wonderful conversation with Dawn this summer. You can check out her post here.

It is so nice to have someone to talk to that has been through this already. I am so grateful for the friends that I have met through blogging. It is so comforting to have others that really understand. The only people that honestly know what I am going through are the ones whose husbands also have the same or similar health problems. And yes, of course, we have supportive friends and family. But there is nothing like talking to someone that has been in my shoes, so to speak.

Thank you Dawn for being my disease mentor. And for spreading the word about how important it is to have someone that has been there. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have someone to ask questions. And I have a lot of questions.

And Thank you Erin for being there as well. Erin's husband Geoff is patiently waiting for a new liver. So the three of us are like three generations of liver disease. Dawn is the first generation since she has already gone through it. Erin is the second generation because she is in the middle of it. And I am the third generation because I am in the beginning of it. I know I am so cheezy!

I want everyone to know how much I appreciate your support and understanding. I know I have said it before but I really mean it.

Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

Blonde Momma said...

Thanks girl! Never did I thnk when I was 9 years old...."I think I want to be a disease mentor when I grow up.....but I'll take it!!! Sending some Dunkle love.

Dawn said...

Ahh, thanks Jaime. :)

I know that someday this will all be behind you guys.