Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not Me Monday

I can't believe it has been a couple weeks since I have done a Not Me! Monday. I have not been busy or anything. Hang on, here we go.

I did not spend hours cleaning out the girl's bedrooms. I am not crazy to think that those rooms are going to stay clean for more than a day. I am not delusional to think that having a clean room will make them want to keep it that way. Nope, not me.

I do not still have my Christmas tree up in the living room. I do not have boxes of my regular living room decorations still sitting in the dining room waiting to be put back where it belongs. I do not wish that the tree would just magically put itself away so I don't have to do it. Nope, not me.

I did not plot a way to get the girls out of the house saturday night so that I could spend some time with Rick. I did not figure out that if I separated the girls that it would be easier for the grandparents to agree to babysit. Nope, not me.

I did not jump up and down when I discovered that school was finally going to open. I did not joyfully get the backpacks together and set the clothes out for the first day back at school in three weeks. I did not thank God for melting the snow so that I didn't have to listen to the fighting anymore. Nope, not me.

I did not wonder if anyone still reads my blog. I am not so obsessed with looking for comments that I get disappointed when there are no comments after days. I am not so addicted to blogging that I started using Twitter. I am not pathetic at all. Nope, not me.

I did not forget to do the laundry all week and am now wondering what we are supposed to wear in the morning. I did not spend the past week fishing socks out of a laundry basket again because I didn't want to fold the socks. And I most definitely did not watch Rick carry laundry downstairs while I did a quiz on Facebook. Who would sit around while her husband, who isn't supposed to carry things, brought two loads of laundry down to the basement? Definitely not me.

Pretty please leave some not me's in the comments so that I don't feel so bad about the laundry situation. It is liberating to admit to the things I have not done the past week or so.

I hope you all have a great week.

Until next time,

Jaime

2 comments:

JackieThomposn said...

You are too funny....

I did NOT laugh at your post when school was closed yet another day. I do NOT get jealous that you get to play with two girls that need you. I did NOT do the same and was fishing for socks this morning for Hunter. I did NOT yell at Hunter to do his reading by himself because I just didn't want to do it. I did NOT cry yet again because I don't have a job. I am NOT going to make Hunter eat sub sandwich for dinner because I already don't feel like cooking. :)
Love you

Dawn said...

OK, so I now it is Thursday but ...

I did NOT find several gray hairs last week. No, NOT me. And this did NOT happen after I decided to stop highlighting my hair in order to save $$.