Thursday, January 15, 2009

It is now a physical pain

I am now the one with physical pain. Last night I was in a severe amount of pain. I have been having problems with indigestion and last night it turned into a stabbing pain. I almost had Rick bring me to the ER. But I waited it out and called my doctor this morning. She had me go in to the urgent care clinic next to her office. I called Rick at work and he went with me.

The doctor was concerned so he ordered blood work and sent me downtown for an ultrasound. The blood work was not a great experience. I was told not eat anything or drink anything and so I was poked three times in order to get a good vein. Two of the pokes were in the top of my hands. OUCH! So now my hands hurt, and the crook of my arm where they finally found a vein hiding is sore too.

I went downtown for the ultrasound. I was told to still not eat or drink anything in case I needed surgery. The lady that did the ultrasound was a real bitch! She would not let Rick in the room with me, in fact she basically slammed the door in his face. I asked to please have him come in the room because I didn't feel good and she very rudely said no. Now I know it is only an ultrasound, but on the other hand it was only an ultrasound. There should be no reason he can't be with me if I wanted him there. I was crying and shivering because I have been so cold. And then when I asked for a blanket she was very rude about it. I hope I never see her again!

Then we waited for more than 45 minutes for the doctor to call us with the results. We had to wait in the office because if I needed surgery they wanted me by the hospital. But the doctor said that the ultrasound looked good and the blood work was okay.

Apparently I have Gastritis. I will be starting prilosec and eating a bland diet to try and calm it down. Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining, or something like that. You can click above to learn more. It can be brought on by stress. So I was told to avoid stress. How do you suppose I do that?

I was crying on the way downtown because I just don't understand why everything has to go wrong for us. I am very grateful that I am not in surgery right now. And I am very grateful that I was finally able to get something to drink. I ate too, but I really don't have an appetite. I will go back to work tomorrow. And hopefully the pharmacy will have my prescription soon so that I can start that. The doctor said that at least we ruled out all the bad stuff, like a bad gallbladder or a mass on my pancreas (yes that is what they were worried about). But that doesn't make the pain go away. So now I have to deal with this on top of everything else. Seems fair doesn't it?

I would really appreciate some prayers that I start to feel better very quickly. I just really don't feel good (in a whiny voice).

Until next time,
Jaime

4 comments:

JackieThomposn said...

I am very sorry to hear about your pain. I realize that life just doesn't seem fair. You have every right to be whiny... :)
I know you, and tomorrow you will wake up and realize it is a new day. Trust me in that I have had my whiney days, and they are well deserved in your case. Just keep in mind that it can be worse. I know that doesn't help you right now, but just try and keep that in mind.
I love you, and I will, as always, keep you in my prayers.
~Jackie~

Susan said...

Hi Kids,
You both are always in my prayers. I'm glad that I could help today. I love you. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Love, Mom

Dawn said...

That ultrasound tech's behavior is totally unacceptable. People like that should not be in the medical field. How rude. I would be crying, too. I'm sorry this happened, Jaime. Feel better.

Blonde Momma said...

Jaime, I wish I was closer. Just try and think of the positives....I know it's hard right now.