Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I want to say a big Thank You to all the Men and Women serving our country so that we can be free to blog. But in all seriousness, I really do have a HUGE respect for all of those that have served, and are serving our country! A special friend of ours is currently enduring Marine boot camp so that he can serve our wonderful country.

My Grandpa served in the Army Air Corps during WWII. He was a prisoner of the Japanese and endured a very long trip on the Hell Ships. He was released when the Japanese surrendered. It wasn't anything he ever really talked about but my Grandma thought it was very important to make sure his legacy was made known to his family. I am so proud of how brave he was. And he exceeded all expectations by not only surviving but going on to live a very full and long life. He was a very proud American and I am proud that he served our country! I miss you Gramps!!

Rick's Grandpa also served our country. He was a Marine during the Korean War. He has a purple heart and still has shrapnel in his body.

My other Grandpa also served, as well as Rick's other Grandpa who landed on Normandy. Both of our Dad's served in the Navy during Vietnam.

We both come from a line of very brave men. And we are very proud of them!

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great post, Jaime. Grandpa Cecil would be proud of you. It WAS important for him to have his legacy live on.
Love, Mom