Friday, May 22, 2009

You Can Help Make A Difference

I have become passionate about getting the word out about Crohn's and PSC. The only thing I can do to not let these diseases win is fight for a cure. So I have found a couple things from my friend Brandee that I want to pass on to all of my readers in the hopes that you all will help me out.

The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation has a couple things going on right now. The first is a letter writing campaign to local legislators about supporting funding for the new IBD Legislation, The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research and Awareness Act. By clicking here you can send an email to your local legislators urging them to support the bill. You can include a personal story if you have one, or feel free to use Rick's story. It only takes a minute, but it could make a big difference for those suffering with IBD.

The second is the virtual IBD March on the Hill. Shire plc has agreed to donate up to $30,000 for IBD research. By joining the virtual walk Shire plc will donate $1 for every step you take. You can log on everyday and take a step. At the moment there are less than 3,000 steps taken, the goal is 30,000. Please join in the walk and support those with IBD.

These are two very easy things you can do to help make a very big difference. And I have one other thing I am saving for it's very own post. It is the biggest thing I have done and I am very excited about it, so stayed tuned!

Until next time,
Jaime