Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The People of Iowa Welcome You

We went for a drive and ended up in Iowa, Corn Country. So now we can say that we have been to Iowa. It is REALLY flat. No wonder they have tornadoes. There were corn fields as far as the eye could see.

For anybody that may be reading this that lives in the Midwest just know that this is all very different than where we come from in the Pacific Northwest. We are used to seeing mountains, and it isn't nearly this green. I find this all so pretty and interesting. I can't wait to go see more places tomorrow!
Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.....flat ground and farm fields. That's what I call home. Only in Kansas we have more wheat than corn. We just came home from the mountains of Colorado and I love to visit them, but I like the wide open spaces of Kansas to live in. And your comment about fireflys (or lightning bugs, as we call them)....I feel sad for you that you had never seen them before. We have tons of them around here. As kids we would make "lanterns" out of them by filling old jars up with them. So fun! Thanks for sharing.

--Linda B.