Monday, July 6, 2009

So Much To Do, So Little Time

Have you noticed the countdown ticker in the sidebar? If you said no, take a second and look to the right of my blog. See it now? Yes, you saw that correctly. We leave for Mayo Clinic in less than 3 weeks. Am I excited? Actually I am. Am I freaking out about how I am going to get ready? YES!!!!

Are you wondering why I am freaking out already? Well let me tell ya. You see, I have been working extra long hours at work. Yep, I have been working like 8 hour days. Now before you go laughing at me, I normally work 5 hours a day. But last week we were CRAZY BUSY. And one of my co-workers lost her Mother to cancer. So we were a woman down. On top of that another co-worker had a trip planned and had Thursday off. Combine all that with a short week because of the holiday weekend and it makes for an unbelievably busy office.

Are you still wondering why that is a big deal since we don't leave for 3 weeks? Because, you see, we have our two weeks at the lake cabin starting on Saturday. I have to get us all packed up and get the house in order. And since I am working this year I don't get to stay at the cabin for the entire two weeks. Total bummer!! So I have to pack, unpack, pack again, unpack again. I think you get the picture.

The plan is that I will be taking long weekends so that I can have as much time as possible at the cabin. I will be taking Monday and Friday off next week and the week after so I can stay on the weekends but still get some work done during the week.

Then the day after we come home from the lake cabin Rick and I leave for Minnesota. So the next few weeks are very busy. It will be fun, but getting ready for it all just stresses me out!!

Now I just have to figure out how to squeeze 32 hours of work into 24 hours. Any suggestions?

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We Moms just thrive on stress, don't we? Hope everything works out ok, I hate being under pressure like that! Hope you guys get some fun family time at the lake!