Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Biggest Loser

On Monday I stepped onto the scale and officially started my New Year's resolution. Let me tell you that looking at my weight was the low point for me. I wasn't quite expecting that result. But I will never see that number again!!

I had made the decision to change my lifestyle and eating habits before the new year. But then a group of people that I work with also wanted to do the same thing. So we have joined together in the Biggest Loser at work. There is a group of 13 that is competing for a $650 grand prize. The prize money would be great, but for me the real prize will be getting healthy and changing my life. But if I do win I will need that money to buy new clothes that fit!!

Seriously now, I am struggling with what to eat. I have not had the best eating habits and I am really focusing on changing that. However, my tummy has noticed the change and tonight it is telling me that it misses the crap. But I will get past this and move on to a healthier new me. I know that sounds cliche, but it WILL happen.

I might update on my weekly weigh in, I might not. We'll just see how it goes.

Until next time,

4 comments:

Denise said...

You can do this!! I read somewhere that it takes 20 days to form a habit. Now, I actually crave the healthier foods instead of the crap! Also, my stomach doesn't respond well now when I put junk in it. I feel SO much better! You will too! I finally feel like this is my "new" normal, and not a "diet". Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Sounds like you have a good support system around you.
-- Stephanie in Dallas

JackieThomposn said...

I hear you there... Eating healthier is a change, but with seasoning it actually isn't that bad. One of my favorite snacks to eat is a low carb tortilla with lettuce, tomato, no fat sour cream, and hot sause... YUMMY!!! Also some noodles with chicken, brochli, and tomato is really good too. My sister puts some low or no fat salad dressing on it. Very good... Just remember that if you go too drastic it won't work or last. Even on the biggest loser they tell you to have a meal that you splurge JUST a little...
I hope you keep us updated...
Love you!

Carrie said...

I'm with Denise. Now when I eat less than great, I feel gross. When I started my journey last spring, I was also super hungry but that is a good sign - it means your metabolism is speeding up. Stick with it and I promise the hunger will subside. Check out hungry-girl.com. She has terrific ideas every day on her site. One of my favs is laughing cow light soft cheeses. Can use them like cream cheese on toast, melt with some water or broth for a cheese sauce. So many uses! I'll try to send you some food lists that my friends and I compiled.