Sunday, January 17, 2010

Winter???

As I woke up this morning to the sun shining and blue skies I started thinking "What happened to winter??" Seriously. We have only had to shovel once this winter. And I have only actually "needed" snow tires one day this winter. I know that we were all complaining last winter when we were drowning in 5 feet of snow but this is the Inland Northwest and we are supposed to have all 4 seasons. I have been amazed at the number of days of sunshine we have had this winter. I am not complaining. Really. I am just wondering what happened to winter.

On the plus side I didn't have to spend money on new boots for the girls. On the other hand I could have saved the $$ it cost to have the snow tires put on, because now I will have to pay the same $$ to have them taken off soon.

Oh well.

_______________________________________

On to another subject. Biggest Loser. Monday is weigh-in number 2. I have still been very good with my eating habits. I STILL haven't cheated. Seriously. Not a single item of junk food. Not a single nibble of chocolate. I probably haven't eaten more than 1200 calories in a day since this started. Some days even less than that. I am trying very hard. I will be able to change and make this my new healthy lifestyle. I am even getting some members of the household to follow along.

I will let you know how the weigh-in goes.

Until next time,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Winter headed down south this year instead... in DALLAS (you know where there are over 45+ days in the summer over 100 degrees) it has snowed 3 times so far. In my 30+ years I think I have only seen a dozen snow falls, and 3 have been this year. Bring on the sun :)

Good luck tomorrow.
-- Stephanie from Dallas