Friday, September 18, 2009

Cannon Beach Part 2

Samantha had so much fun playing on the beach. She immediately started digging in the sand, and I immediately took off my sandals so I could put my toes in the sand. Sam and I went towards the ocean to put our feet in. Brrrrrrr. But it was so worth it!!

Sam had a great time running into the ocean and then running back with the waves. Unfortunately she got too far out, the tide was coming in, and she got swept down. I ran very fast and was able to grab her and get her back on her feet before she went completely under. She was pretty shaken up and kept apologizing. I wrapped her up in a towel and she sat in the sand for a bit. It wasn't too long and she was back to running into the waves. We even had to remind her not to go out so deep.

It was so fun to watch the sheer delight on her face as she ran in the waves. I am so happy that we had this chance to spend some special time together. It was very memorable, and I don't think I will forget the sounds of Sam's delighted screams as she ran around in the ocean.





Tune back in for pictures from the zoo.
Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Kristin Yost said...

Brrr...that water must have been cold! :) Looks like you all had a fun time!