Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

The first day of school is a bittersweet day for me.  I am glad they are going back to school but I am going to miss the fun summer days. 

The girls woke up with smiles on their cute faces.  I am wondering how long that is going to last.  We had a nutritious breakfast of donuts and milk.  Yep, I'm a real health freak.  Of course we couldn't leave until we took the traditional first day of school photos.
Megan was so excited to finally get to wear her "twinkle toe" shoes that she made me take a picture of her shoes.
We got to school with plenty of time to take some classroom photos.  I got to see Sam's classroom before she darted out the door with her BFF Ashlea.  And then I ventured down to Megan's classroom and stayed with her until school started.  It was harder to leave her in that room than I thought it would be.  But alas I had to leave so I could get to work on time.
Megan was tired when I picked her up at the end of the day.  It was probably not the best day ever for her, but I think she still had fun.  She didn't really want to talk about school on the way home.  Sam sure did though!!  Sam had a blast!!  She really enjoys school.  Megan is not quite as fond of school as her sister.  But I think as she gets used to being there all day she will get better.

It will be nice to get back into a routine.  We are already busy around here with soccer practice twice a week.  I am thinking about getting Megan into dance.  And they will start Girl Scouts in a couple weeks too.  So I guess it is back to the grind around here.  No more lazy summer days.  Oh well, it can't last forever.  Only 179 more school days to go.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Denise said...

I LOVE Megan's new shoes...those are so cute!! Samantha looks so grown up with her earrings and she's so tall!