Monday, September 21, 2009

The Oregon Zoo

We had so much fun at the zoo. It is so neat. We all especially enjoyed the Predators of the Serengeti exhibit. Some, well a lot actually, of my pictures didn't turn out great. It is hard to get pictures of moving animals behind glass windows. Who knew??

Sam enjoyed the Sea Lions and Sea Otters. They were really fun to watch swimming around. The exhibits to see all these animals swimming were so cool. All the windows at different levels made for some great viewing, albeit some not so great photos. Oh well, it's the memories that matter anyway.

Even after a really long walk Sam was still full of energy. She really enjoyed everything and was so excited to see the next exhibit that she practically ran through most of them. I did manage to get her to stand still for a few seconds for some pictures every once in a while.
We really enjoy monkeys and it was so fun to get to see them.

The sea turtles were pretty cool.

But the baby elephant was even cooler. Meet Samudra, Sam for short. What a coincidence.

The amazing painting elephant. This elephants paintings sell for around $900 each.

After the live predatory bird show one of the trainers held a bird (I don't remember what it is, some type of falcon I think) for the kids to see up close. Sam asked some really good questions and was really interested.

The Predators of the Serengeti exhibit was so great. There was live music, and crafts.

Of all the animals in the zoo Sam decided that the Meerkat was her favorite. She even picked out a meerkat stuffed animal.
I liked the Polar Bears and the Zebras. And the Monkeys of course.

The Eagles were pretty amazing too!!

Sam and Daddy in an Eagles nest.

The memories we made during this weekend will last a long time. We had so much fun together. I hope that Sam will remember this time with Mom and Dad as a very special weekend. I am actually getting a little teary just thinking about it. Since we have no idea what the future holds I am holding on to these memories in a very special place. We don't get the opportunity to spend special time like this together, and I hope that we will be able to do the same thing with Megan in a couple years.

Liver Life Walk, we will be back next year. It felt great to do something, and to make special memories.

Until next time,
Jaime

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the memories thing. Since our kids were born we have always made it a point to take a family vacation every year. Many wonderful memories have been made during those trips. Especially if you have a husband with serious health problems (mine had a liver transplant almost 16 months ago), you know how fleeting life can be. Enjoy it now...you don't know what the future holds. We plan and hope for many more years together, but we are promised nothing. Except eternity in heaven, of course. Glad you had fun.

--Linda, Wichita, KS

Denise said...

Those are great pics Jaime! Its great that you and Rick got the special time with just Sam, I'm sure it will stand out as a special time in her childhood for her. Looks like you had a blast!

JackieThomposn said...

WOW... I have spent the last hour getting caught up on your blog. I didn't realize how much time I spent until I looked up and realized I have to be up in a few hours! :)
I am so glad you can blog so well and take such great pictures! I KNOW Sam will treasure this time with you and Rick so much. I hope you do too. I know things aren't always easy in your home. You are such a great mother and wife I can't even imagine being at your same level. You should be so proud of your self for being able to document these times not only for your family, but for all of us out in the internet world too. I know we don't talk as much as we used too, but you will always be in my heart. I wouldn't be the person I am today if you weren't in my life.
I love you...