Monday, September 14, 2009

Liver Life Walk

We had a great time at the Liver Life Walk on Sunday.  The walk went through Washington Park.  It was so pretty and peaceful.  I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't thinking "how much further?"  Seriously I really need to work out.  But I also was thinking about what Rick goes through and what some of our other PSC friends are currently going through. 

We really did have fun.  Sam did a good job.  She made it the whole way, only complaining about being tired during the last 1/2 mile.  Rick also was able to make it, without even breaking a sweat.  I am proud of him!

So here are the pictures I took at the walk:

Our friend Carl was the walk honoree.  He spoke before the walk kicked off.

See how beautiful it was in the park for the walk.
We also got to finally meet and hang out with our PSC friends Dawn and Carl.  It was so much fun to finally meet them face to face.  I had meant to have Sam take a picture of the four of us together but I totally forgot.  I am really bummed about that.  It was really neat to meet someone that I felt like I had known for a long time.  We had a good time.  There is a certain kind of bond that wives of PSCers seem to have.  There is nobody else that knows exactly how you feel except for another wife going through the same thing.  I have really appreciated all the support that Dawn has given me.  And Carl has been a great support as well.  I don't think I would be in the same place about all of this that I am right now if I had never met Dawn.  She inspired me to meet others and I have developed a great support system online.  Thanks Dawn and Carl for inviting us to your house and for being so supportive.  

Thanks to everyone that donated to Team Rick!  We had a great time and we each earned a walk t-shirt.  Sam wore hers to school today.  She is really proud of the shirt.  And the shirts I made got a lot of looks, and even some questions as we walked around the zoo.

I will post more this week with the pictures and activities we were able to squeeze in this weekend.

Until next time,
Jaime 

3 comments:

Blonde Momma said...

this is so cool!!! how fun that you and dawn got to meet! I'm jealous.

Thanks for supporting such a huge cause!

Denise said...

Congratulations, Team Rick! So glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, and survived the walk!

Dawn said...

Jaime -- I am so glad we were able to spend time together. That was certainly the highlight of my entire weekend. And I also wanted to take a photo of all of us together and totally forgot, too. Bummer! Well, we'll just have to meet again (maybe I'll go to Spokane next year for the Bloomsday race).

I loved your shirts, too! That is so cool that people were asking you guys about them while you were walking around the zoo.

We never made it the zoo that day. I had to move the car to pick up cones, and then I could not find a parking spot.