Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sad Reality


Yesterday was a sad day for the PSC community. A fellow PSCer passed away. I couldn't help but immediately burst into tears. Not just for Fred losing the fight, but also for his wife Shelley. I am sad for all the friends I have met along this journey. It hits us all hard when someone fighting this disease loses the fight. The motto is "Together in the fight, Whatever it takes" And that is so true. It is a wonderful support system that is really hurting right now.

As for me I am sad that there is a wife that has lost her husband to this vicious disease. I can't even imagine her pain. Shelley is a strong woman and there are lots of PSCers to support her through this. I just feel incredibly sad.

It is a very sad reality check for me. I really can't put into words how I am feeling about this. No I didn't "know" Fred, but that doesn't make a difference. I am just really sad.

There needs to be a cure for PSC!!! Go to PSC Partners Seeking a Cure website for more information.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Shawnee said...

Big HUGS Jaime. I think you can relate to Shelley a little more than I can. I am grateful that I have this disease instead of my loved one, that has to be much harder.