Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Team Rick

Team Rick has surpassed our team goal of raising $450 for the Liver Life Walk.  Yippee!!  Samantha is actually $15 away from her goal of $150, but despite that we are extremely happy and grateful for all of the donations.

I have also completed our team t-shirts.  Our friend Brad, whom we have known since high school, sent me a design for the shirt.  I had to re-work it a bit, but I used the same layout.  I used a printable iron-on transfer paper to make the shirts.  They don't look quite as "professional" as I would have liked, but I still like them.

So here is Sam's Shirt:
The back is a little different for each of us.  This is the back of Sam's shirt:
Rick is number 01, I am 02, and Megan is 04.  I am making Megan a shirt too because I want all of us to have a Team Rick shirt. 

We are very excited for this weekend.  We are leaving friday morning after dropping Megan off at school.  The plan is to make a couple stops along the way, especially at Multnomah Falls.  Sam is really looking forward to that.  Saturday we are going to spend the day at Cannon Beach.  We are staying with family in Portland, that is a huge help so that we don't have to pay for a hotel.  Sunday is the big day.  I am super excited for the walk, and for being able to check out the zoo.  I hope they have monkeys!!

The three of us aren't the only ones having a special weekend.  Megan gets to take a little motorhome trip with Nana and Papa, and cousin Noah.  She is excited for the little trip.  I am glad she gets to do something special too.  I was feeling a little guilty for leaving her behind.

I won't have time to blog again until after we get back.  I am not bringing my computer (sniff, sniff).  But I will use my cellphone to update Twitter and Facebook.  So check back here for my tweets.

Until next time,
Jaime