Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Childhood Cancer Awareness

Here is a very touching You tube video about Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. I hope that you will take the time to watch it. Thankfully the Conquer Childhood Cancer Bill was passed and recently signed by President Bush.

Amanda's mom Connie went to Washington DC in June to lobby congress to pass the bill. It is a start but there is so much more that needs to be done to spread awareness and raise funds for research. Click here to see the Candlelighters newsletter that has an article titled Mrs. Bunch Goes to Washington, which tells the story of Connie's trip to DC.

This is just so important to me. I wish there were gold ribbons everywhere. I wish that no more innocent children have to die from cancer. I hope that this video gives you an understanding of what I am so passionate about.

Until next time,

Jaime

1 comment:

Susan said...

Dear Jaime,
I am very proud of all that you do to inform your friends about childhood cancer. I know that Angel Amanda is looking down on you with a smile of thanks. Childhood cancer touches the lives of so many people. We all need to work together to demand more funding for research so that this awful disease can be eliminated.
Love, Mom