Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our New Water Feature

This afternoon during lunch the girls went running outside. I didn't think anything of it, and then I saw a little water in the road. I stood up and saw the girls walking in a bubbling mess in the front yard. I ran into the front yard and saw water bubbling up from the ground at an alarming rate. There was also a loud rumbling sound coming from underground as well. I got a hold of Rick, who was at drumline, and he said that it was probably a water main break and to call the water company. So that is what I did. Eventually they showed up, but not before probably thousands of gallons of water had run down the street. After a lot of sitting around waiting for the "call before you dig" people to show up, they finally got the water shut off and started digging.





We still have a pile of dirt in our front yard because, after all, today is saturday and they didn't want to work anymore than necessary. They will be back on monday to finish the job. Hopefully they won't turn off the water again until after I have taken my shower monday morning.

So this was just another one of those things that seem to happen to us lately.

Until next time,
Jaime

No comments: