Monday, August 25, 2008

72 Hours

72 hours, 3 days, an eternity. That is how long we have to wait to find out if Rick has lymphoma. There was a mix up at the lab and the tests that were supposed to be run to check for the cancer were not done. Apparently the people that draw the blood forgot to draw all of them and then they thought that we were called to come back and we weren't. They got us confused with someone else they screwed up on and so they thought we had come back. The nurse was pissed when she discovered that there had been a big mistake. She couldn't apologize enough and she wasn't the one that was at fault. We had to jump in the car and go back downtown so Rick could more blood taken.

So here I spent all day friday, the weekend, and all day today waiting for the phone to ring and someone screwed up so now I have to wait even longer. Rick is taking this all so well. I am not. He says that if it is cancer then he will fight it and it will be no big deal. Rick is my hero, literally. I can't believe how calm he is about all of this. I love that man!!!!

Now we wait. The nurse said that she will be checking often to see if the tests results are back and she will call as soon as they come in. She said she understands that we have already been waiting long enough. I would definitely say we have been waiting long enough.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Jaime,
This must be soooo frustrating. We've had lab mix-ups and re-tests and all kinds of stuff before, too. I think it is just part of the game, but still. I'm glad you have a nurse involved who is proactive!

JackieThomposn said...

Jaime,

I am sorry to hear this is going on with you. With me not having internet for awhile, I haven't caught up to what was going on with you all. I know we talked the other day, but I had no idea. I am NOT going to tell you I know what you are going through, because I don't. :(
I know you and Rick are an awesome couple, and can get through anything. He really is a great hero to us all.
Love you
Oh... Congrats on the job. Maybe I can get one too soon... :)

Jackie-O