Friday, August 15, 2008

Baby Girl To Be

Tonight I gave a flamingo theme baby shower for my little sister BreAnne. There were two dozen flamingos swimming around in my pool. There were flamingos in the trees, and on the ground. I also had tiki torches with pink and yellow ribbon hanging down. There were pink and yellow things everywhere. I wanted to make it very girly and pretty for her. Yes there were lots of flamingos, but no it was not tacky. I wish I had pictures to post but I didn't use my camera, I was too busy being the hostess.

Bre's first child, Noah, is only 4 1/2 months younger than Megan. So Bre is very excited to be expecting a baby girl. The baby does not have a name yet so one of the games we played was Name the Baby. The winner of the game named the baby Ima Crow. Crow is my sister's last name so we have had some fun with naming the baby. Like Eda Crow, Val Crow, Raven Crow, I could go on but I won't.

It was crazy hot out today so I am sure that the pregnant women at the shower were a little bit uncomfortable. It turned out really nice and Bre got a lot of great gifts. I made her a blanket that is small enough to easily fit over the car seat. I can't sew, so it was one of those tie blankets. That I can do. I hope she had fun.

Samantha was supposed to go with Rick and Megan over to Rick's parents house during the shower but she wanted to stay so bad. She made my bed, she vacuumed the house, she did some dishes. So I had to let her stay since she did so much work for me today. The ironic thing is that she didn't watch Bre open the presents which was why she wanted to stay. She wanted to see what Aunt Bre got for the baby. She did participate in the name game. Sam suggested the name Amy. I suggested Hannah, along with two other people. So when the baby arrives I will let you know what name they choose. The baby is scheduled to arrive September 23 via c-section. I can't wait!!!!!

Fortunately the hornets did not bother us at all. The only problem we had were with some pesky yellow jackets. But no one got stung.

Until next time,
Jaime

No comments: