Friday, August 29, 2008

Good News!!!!!!

I called the Doctor's office and found out that the tests for lymphoma were normal. So that means no cancer. Now we just have to contact the rheumatologist to see where to go from here. There may be some medication changes to try to level out the bloodwork. But at least we know that there is no lymphoma to worry about.

Thank you to everyone that kept us in their prayers. I will keep you updated about what the doctor decides to do next.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. In all this madness I forgot to mention that we solved the mystery of the missing spleen. The hematologist was able to find the images from Rick's CT scan four years ago and located the spleen. It is very tiny and hidden behind the stomach and enlarged liver so that is why it was unable to be seen on ultrasound. The liver was enlarged four years ago, two years before the PSC diagnosis, so imagine what it must look like now. But at least we know there is a spleen, albeit a very small one. But as long as there is one it does what it is supposed to do.

Until next time,
Jaime

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Jaime!!! I am sooo happy to read this. You must be so relieved. Time to celebrate (and breathe!).

Aunt Ruby said...

Dear Jaime and Rick,
I'm SO happy to hear the good news! Our Church family has been praying for you all, and of course, our family, and will continue to do so.
I missed you at Riley Creek, but had a wonderful time with all your family; especially Samantha. As you know, she "kept me company" 2 nights in my Motor Home. I loved having her stay with me. And she had a great time helping Andy put up his tent. You are great parents to 2 wonderful daughters!
Love from Aunt Ruby
"You have a very special place in my heart". Philippians 1:7

Blonde Momma said...

OMG! YAY YAY YAY!!! This is great Jaime!!!

Unknown said...

Hey there Jaime:

Just wanted to send a quick note letting you know how thankful I am that Rick does not have cancer. That is such an answer to prayer.

Take care and keep blogging!

Sally

Susan said...

Hi Kids,
We are so grateful! Thank you, God!! Love, Mom & Tim

Connie said...

Hi, Jaime & Rick,

Wow! What a relief! We're so glad lymphoma was ruled out! You've sure been on a wild roller coaster ride - hopefully things will level out now and the docs will come up with a good combination of medications to keep everything under control with no negative side effects.

We're so proud of both of you for how well you've handled all this stress. We know it's really hard.

Love,
Connie, Bill and Angel Amanda