Monday, August 4, 2008

I Love Confessions of a CF Husband

I found the Confessions of a CF Husband blog right after this past Christmas. I was amazed at what this amazing couple was going through. Tricia has cystic fibrosis and became pregnant right before getting on the lung transplant list. She and her husband Nate had been wanting to have a child but when Tricia became sicker from the CF the doctor's advised them to stop trying to become pregnant. They did, but God had a different plan and Tricia found out she was pregnant right as they were getting ready to leave for Duke to prepare to get on the list.

The doctor's advised them that having the baby could be devastating to Tricia's health but they decided that God had provided and they were going to go ahead with the pregnancy. Tricia ended up giving birth to Gwyneth at just over 24 weeks. Gwyneth was a micro preemie. But she surpassed all the odds and is now thriving. Tricia was also able to get well enough to get on the transplant list and she received her double lung transplant on her husband's birthday.

Unfortunately they are now fighting yet another battle. Tricia has been diagnosed with post-transplant lymphoma. She is currently undergoing strong chemo and her husband Nate is trying to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). He will shave his head on 8-8-08 if he reaches his goal of $3000 by friday. He is already almost there.

If you all remember my cousin Amanda passed away from AML (leukemia) in December 2006. So after following Nate and Tricia's journey for the past 8 months I was so sad to learn of Tricia's cancer. When I saw that Nate was going to raise money for LLS I was very happy. I wish I could support him but you all know that we have too many medical bills at the moment to be able to donate. But I wanted to post this because this family has become very close to my heart even though I have never met them.

I hope that if you have some time you can read about Tricia's journey and their miracle daughter Gwyneth Rose. I think she is the most adorable baby and I have loved watching her grow from 1 pound to the 7+ pounds she now weighs. This family also gives me hope for Rick's future as well. To see how well Tricia's transplant has helped her, despite the cancer, makes me hopeful that someday Rick can have a good outcome too.

And Nate has been my inspiration for blogging and photography. I have tried to take some of his photography skills and apply them to my own picture taking. He also has a great blog where he shows off his amazing photos. Check it out if you have time. He has some amazing shots and some great ideas for family photo shoots.

I hope that you will find Nate and Tricia as inspiring as I have. They are an amazing couple and I look forward to reading the CF Husband blog every day. It has shown me how God works in amazing ways and has helped me in my quest to follow God in my life as well.

Until next time,
Jaime