Sunday, August 24, 2008

I forgot to tell you

With everything else that is going on I forgot to tell you that I got a job. Yippee!! I start work on tuesday. My hours are going to be 4-7 pm. It actually works out good for us because Rick is home during the evening. Unfortunately he is going to have to learn how to cook. Or at least I am going to have to learn to make things he can just pop in the oven, or turn on the crockpot. I am of course just slightly nervous about going back to work but I think this is going to be a good thing for me. I am going to be making money and that will help ease the burden on Rick just a bit. I think this company is going to be great to work for. All the people seem nice and I think it is a good fit for me. I will be doing customer service work for a company that supplies home medical supplies. I am excited, and it gives me something to look forward to.

On the waiting front. I am very stressed out and worried. As you may have realized I am not good at waiting. I am playing the "what if" scenarios over in my head. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I have to say that trying to look at our situation from the outside it is almost funny. I mean how can one person have so many health problems and keep adding more drama to it? I would almost think it was being made up if I wasn't actually in the middle of it. Seriously.

And then to add insult to injury, to have people say "I know exactly how you feel" when they have never been in this situation just makes it so much worse. I just want people to listen and be supportive. I don't feel like myself when we are dealing with things like this and so I wish people would understand I just need to deal with it my way. Even though my way may seem selfish at the moment, I can only deal with it my way.

I will let you know when I get any news.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

Dawn said...

That's great about your new job, Jamie.

It must be torture to wait for the news from the hemotologist.

Hoping and praying for good news,
Dawn

PS: I don't know if I told you this, but Carl had to get checked out for lymphoma, too. He even had to have a lymph node biopsy. This was in October '06.