Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, Good Riddance

This has been one of those years that I am not sad to see go. It seems like the last couple years have been that way. And on each New Years Eve when the clock strikes midnight I think that the new year just has to be better. I don't know if I can even think about that tonight. Because for some reason I just have a feeling that it isn't going to get any easier.


2008 was filled with lots of bad things, but also some good things. Like:


The Good:
I was blessed with a great job
My beautiful niece Mady entered the world
We were supported by family and friends
The Mayo Clinic
Adding Jack to our family
"Meeting" some new friends
My blog (in my opinion)
Having a snow blower

To tell you the truth, I am having a hard time coming up with the good things. I even asked Rick and he just shook his head.

The Bad:
Samantha broke her arm
I HAD to go back to work
Rick's PSC progressed
Rick had 2 ERCP's
Rick had an ERCP that had some complications
Had to go to Mayo
Rick now has yellow eyes
Because of Gilbert's Syndrome
Worry about the possibility of new diseases, that were eventually ruled out
Testing Rick for lymphoma
Rick had a colonoscopy
Rick has a herniated disc
Rick had to have an epidural steroid injection
The injection didn't go as planned
Nothing really went as planned
Rick's migraines
I started seeing a therapist but had to stop because it was too expensive
Bills, bills, and more medical bills
A dishwasher that keeps breaking
Megan's behavior problems
People that don't get it

I could probably go on but it is getting depressing. And the finale to our great year (can you sense the sarcasm), Rick had a epidural headache all day. The doctor thinks it is a reaction to the dye used and the steroid leaking out of the spine. We were told to keep a watch out for worsening (is that a word) symptoms and if it gets worse to go to the ER. We spent New Years there two years ago, I am not doing that again.

So I think that probably sums up our year. I am having a bad night. I was really worried about Rick while I was at work. And the stress of it all is just coming to a boiling point for me.

But I do want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I really do hope that 2009 brings joy and good health. Even if I do sound pessimistic tonight.

Until next time,
Jaime