Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Christmas Eve

I had to work on Christmas Eve this year. This was the first time since having kiddos that I had to work on Christmas Eve. It was sad going to work and leaving them at home. I wanted so badly to be at home. But before I knew it, it was time to go home and get them all dressed up for Christmas Eve at Nana and Papa's house. Before we left I took a couple pictures of the girls in front of our Christmas tree.


Then we went to my Mom and Step-Dad's house for Christmas Eve dinner and presents. It was fun and the food was yummy!

We got home really late, but we still made time for our tradition of getting new jammies on Christmas Eve. And then we sat together on the couch and read "The Night Before Christmas" and read about the birth of Jesus in the Bible.
Eventually the girls fell asleep and Santa was able to come and leave presents. Of course he didn't leave without drinking his milk and eating his cookies.

It is always so much fun preparing for Christmas morning. I got everything together for our traditional Christmas morning bubble bread. Rick and I got to bed well after midnight but it was worth it.

As I sit here tonight with the giant mess of presents still scattered on the floor I think about how excited the girls were with everything and it makes all the stress so worth it. I am so grateful for having a close family to be able to spend Christmas with. It gets crazy trying to get together with everyone, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

We still have Christmas with my Dad tomorrow evening. I have to get the house cleaned up and put back together before my Dad and my Sister's family come over. I know it will just be a mess again after they leave but I still have to make the effort. It will be worth it since I don't spend a lot of time with my Dad.

I hope you all had a fun day after Christmas.

Until next time,
Jaime

No comments: