Friday, April 3, 2009

It's My Turn

Guess What?!?! It's my turn now to have a procedure done. I saw my doctor today and she is really concerned about me. I am still having stomach pains and she thinks it is an ulcer. So she wants me to have an EGD ASAP. I am going in on monday afternoon for an upper endoscopy. So now the caretaker becomes the patient. But only for one afternoon. I wonder if they can give me less drugs so that I can take care of Rick later that night.

I was given a nice talk about how I really need to be taking care of myself too. I already knew that but it is really hard to focus on myself when I have other things to take care of. This may be a bit of a wake up call though.

I am worried about Rick having to sit in the waiting room. He is still in pain and sitting in chairs is really uncomfortable. But he insists he will be okay. I am more worried about him than me. How will he be able to take care of me? This is gonna be interesting.

Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! However, allowing Risk to give back a little of what you have so selflessly given to him will do wonders for him and for you.

Does Rick have one of those portable chair massagers? The kind that you simply place in a chair and plug in? You might want to grab one and take it with you for the waiting room. This one is fantastic and can usually be found at Wal-Mart, Long's or Walgreen's. http://www.amazon.com/Homedics-SBM-200H-Therapist-Shiatsu-Massaging/dp/B000QTYKRO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1238812729&sr=8-2

In any event, things will be fine and you will do just great. Take care of you and try not to worry so much. Spend the day being a limp noodle so you can get back into life the next day with greater ease.

Brandee said...

Oh, I am SO sorry, I misspelled Rick's name. I am so embarrassed. Please accept my apologies. I do not see a way to edit my comment.