Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More of the same

I feel like my posts must be totally boring and redundant lately. The more things change, the more they stay the same. New disease, new family member; same family. I am trying to look at things with a good frame of mind, but it isn't easy. When do we get to catch a break? I thought that the benefit was our chance at turning this year around. And don't get me wrong, it was wonderful. But it feels like the roller coaster just continues.

I am now sick and I want to sit on the couch and be sick but I can't. I have to take care of everything because I am the only one that can. I am the only one that can carry the laundry downstairs. I am the only one that can load the dishwasher. I am the only one that can take out the garbage, clean the bathroom, bring the laundry upstairs, fold the laundry, make breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am only one person but I feel like I am doing the work of 6. I have been trying to have Sam help out too, but she can only do so much. I mean she is just a kid.

I guess I am just having a bad day. I hurt and I'm tired. The scan this morning kinda sucked. The first IV didn't work so I had to have another one placed. Then the medicine that is given about 30 minutes into the scan made me extremely nauseous. First the radioactive material was injected and I was scanned for 30 minutes. Then the medicine that makes the gallbladder work was injected slowly and the final bolus of it made me feel crazy sick. Thankfully it didn't last too long, but I have never felt quite like that before. The scan lasted another 40 minutes after that.

The nuclear medicine tech read the test and said that it looks like my gallbladder function is low. He said that it is a good thing I have an appointment with a surgeon. That appointment is Thursday morning, so I should know more then. In the mean time I will enjoy the pain pills.

Until next time,
Jaime

1 comment:

JackieThomposn said...

Sorry you don't feel well. I can see that times are really tough for you. I am glad you have been seeing the doctor. Please remember that the girls can do more than you think. There is nothing wrong with asking for some help. I am really serious. If you try and do it all, then you will break down. I know you are feeling overwhelmed right now. If you don't feel like cleaning the bathroom, remeber that it can wait a day. Doing two loads of laundry is just fine instead of doing three. Until you feel better, you have got to take care of yourself. The more you do with the pain you are in, the worse it is going to get. Let Rick be Rick, and you just concentrate on yourself. Think for you for a day. You DESERVE IT!! Really you do. I love you, and hang in there. I wish I could be there for you.
Jackie