Friday, April 24, 2009

Recovery

I guess I am on the path to recovery. I am still very sore and I just don't have any energy. But I have been taking fewer pain pills during the day. And I have been sleeping through the night without having to take a pill to stay asleep. However I definitely need one when I do finally wake up; which was at 10:30 this morning. I am very dizzy right now and I feel like I could close my eyes and go to sleep.

I have four very bruised incisions on my belly. The incision in my belly button is the worst. But the one with the biggest bruise is the highest incision. My arm is really bruised too. The IV site and the spot that the nurse gave me the heparin shot have huge bruises.

I am feeling like the recovery is slower than I was expecting. I have had a couple nice talks with others that have also had this surgery and they assured me that this is not a quick recovery. That actually makes me feel better. I was starting to feel like a wimp. I had an organ removed that is supposed to be there. That is going to take a toll on my body and that is most definitely how I am feeling.

Rick has been so great taking care of me. He has gotten me water and food. He reminds me to take my pain meds. He rubs my shoulders when they hurt and I can tell he feels sorry for me. If anyone understands how I feel it is certainly Rick.

At the moment I am feeling quite nauseous again so I am calling it quits for now.

Until next time,
Jaime

2 comments:

Connie said...

Dear Jaime,
I hope this comment isn't duplicated - I thought I published a comment, but it disappeared.

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough recovery this week. Reminds me of when Amanda had the stomach tube put in, with a half-inch or bigger hole cut in her belly into her stomach. She had a LOT of pain (but the surgeon criticized her for needing more and more pain meds).

I hope you're feeling a lot better today, and continue to improve dramatically every day.

Hugs,
Connie, Bill and Angel Amanda

JackieThomposn said...

I hope the next few days the pain and dizziness will get better. PLEASE take it easy, and let everyone spoil you.... :) you deserve it.
Love you and miss you VERY MUCH!