Sunday, April 19, 2009

Surgery is Monday

I am having my gallbladder removed Monday afternoon. It is going to be a laporascopic surgery called a Laporascopic Cholecystectomy. I know I should have posted sooner but it has been a little hectic around here. I needed to get things in order and send the girls off to Nana's house again. Since I will be unable to do much for a couple days and Rick is still unable to do much we decided it was better that the girls not be at home for a couple days. Luckily they are used to it by now so it wasn't too bad dropping them off at Nana's for a few days again.

I have to be at the hospital at 11 a.m. The surgery is scheduled for noon. It is supposed to be outpatient. But I am going prepared for an overnight "just in case" because we all now how routine things can turn into a big thing.

I am not too nervous about the surgery. I am just excited to not have this pain anymore. I hope that you all will say a prayer that it goes smoothly and that there are no complications. I can't believe that both of us are going to be laid up at the same time. It is going to be interesting around here for a couple days.

I am trying to convince Rick to Twitter for me tomorrow. So check in on my Tweets to see how things are going.

Until next time (when I will be minus one organ),
Jaime

1 comment:

JackieThomposn said...

Glad things went well... Let me know how you feel... That will be my next surgery too... Yuck!!! Well you and Rick try and take care of yourselves... I bet it will be interesting around there...