Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More tests

Today I had another test done. I went in to nuclear medicine for a gastric emptying study. I had to eat oatmeal with a radioactive tracer in it. And an IV was started, that ended up not being needed. I went through a painful IV start for no reason. UGHH! I have terrible veins and I despise getting IV's.

Anyway, I had to lay flat on my back on a very hard table for almost 90 minutes while a special scanner took continuous pictures. Rick actually got to go back with me the entire time after I made a big stink about it over the phone with the tech beforehand. We watched as the radioactive oatmeal passed through my stomach. I didn't end up needing the IV because my stomach seems to empty fine so there was no need to add medicine at the 60 minute mark.

This test revealed no new answers to the question of why I am having the pain. It appears that the next step is to check my gallbladder again. I will be talking with my doctor on friday and I will ask for a special scan that checks the function of the gallbladder. I can't deal with this pain on top of everything else.

It is the same pain I was having back in January. I have been having it continuously off and on since then, but with everything that happened with Rick I just put it on the "back burner" so to speak. But since Rick is starting to get better I need to take care of myself.

Please pray that we get this figured out soon! I need to get back to having a normal life. This is all just so unbelievable. If it wasn't my life I would think it was all made up. UGHH!!

Until next time,
Jaime

No comments: