Saturday, July 12, 2008

Emotions are spilling over

I think that coming home has brought everything to the surface for me. I am so emotional tonight. I just keep crying thinking about everything that has happened this past week. My head is spinning from exhaustion. The thoughts about what the future may hold just keep swirling through my head. I know I shouldn't think about these things. So many of you have told me how strong I am and I appreciate all the support, but tonight I definitely feel weak. I have such an ache that I am praying will ease up so that I can move on. I am going to have a good nights sleep in my own bed and my hope is that I wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready for vacation.

I have a lot of people I want to thank for the support. I am so grateful for finding two other PSC wifes that have given me so much support and comfort. Thank you Dawn and Erin. I didn't realize how much comfort could come from someone I had never met. Erin I will contact you when I get back from vacation. I also want to thank Carrie for the advice about the water. I was surprised to hear from you, but so glad that you signed the blog. Thanks for letting me know about the copper/water connection. I want to say thank you to Sally for forwarding the blog on to so many others asking for prayers. I know it was the prayers from so many people that gave me the strength I didn't think I had to do this for Rick.

And to all our family we really appreciate the support you have given us. We still have a long road ahead of us and will need your prayers to support us along this path.

I feel like I could say a personal thank you to everyone that signed the blog but I just can't right now. So please know that if you signed in, or even if you didn't, thank you for reading and following along.

I will post about our vacation plans before we leave tomorrow.

A very tired Jaime

3 comments:

Connie said...

Dear Jaime & Rick,

Welcome home!!! So glad you made it back safe and sound. I bet the girls were really glad to see you. I didn't call you today cause I knew you had lots to do but would be exhausted from the whole week.

I know real well that emotional letdown feeling you're experiencing. I work so hard to stay strong during all the stressful events, then when it's over I'm just wiped out emotionally and physically, and I just can't hold it back anymore, or I just get depressed. That's okay - you need to release it. It's not a sign of being "weak" at all.

We're really proud of both of you for how well you handled everything. You went through a LOT this last week! So glad you get to spend some time at the lake - you both deserve some quality R&R, and I'm sure it will help your outlook. Have a great time and just savor every moment!

Love,
Connie

Ladybug said...

Dear Rick, Jaime, and Girls,
We are glad you made it home safely. Your news is not easy for anyone to absorbe and for yourselves is an awesome task.

We will keep track and pray for a treatment program for Rick and that you all can continue to lead a life joy and happiness and sustain your internal love and spirit.

God's Blessings,
Tom and Linda

Blonde Momma said...

Can't wait to talk when you return!Enjoy this time with your family!