Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Mayo Clinic

We walked around the Mayo Clinic campus this afternoon. It was very warm and humid. We did not go in to any of the buildings but I took lots of pictures of the outside of the different buildings on the campus. It is amazing and there are some absolutely beautiful old buildings as well as the new, bigger buildings. The outside of the main mayo building which is the Mayo Building and Gonda Building is windows and panels of marble. It is a really neat area. There are lots of shops and restaurants all around the campus. There are beautiful courtyards with gardens and fountains. There are benches made out of granite too. There is a lot more to see and do that we hope to be able to fit in this week. So here are some of the pictures I took today. And yes there is a duplicate picture on here, I accidentally uploaded it twice and then couldn't delete one of them.






























We also took a drive to Wisconsin and drove along the Upper Mississippi River Valley on the Wisconsin side of the river. I took lots of pictures of that as well that I will post another time. We are trying to enjoy ourselves and relax before all the tests begin. Tomorrow we are thinking of going into Minneapolis for a while. We have to be back by 6 pm so that I can make Rick his fat free dinner that he has to eat before 7 pm. I will post the itinerary for the first day at Mayo tomorrow so that you know what we will be doing on tuesday. Originally Rick was scheduled for bloodwork tomorrow but it was moved to tuesday.
Until next time,
Jaime




4 comments:

Lee said...

Hey Rick Looks like a real Awesome Area! Talk to ya when you get back Buddy! Lee

Unknown said...

Hey there Rick and Jaime:

I am glad to see you are getting some fun sightseeing in before all of the testing begins tomorrow. I hope that all goes well this week. Please know that I am praying for you and your family. I am going to share your blog information with my women's bible study group as well as all of my other christian friends and ask that they pray for you as well.

Your Long Time Friend,
Sally Reynolds

heather said...

Hi Rick & Jaime...
I am a friend of Sally Reynolds and I just felt compelled to write you and tell you I have had Crohn's since I was 12. (I am 30 now). I pretty much understand what you go through and everything associated with that. My husband and I will be praying for you and for God's peace through this journey.
I am also praying for wisdom for the doctors as they treat you.
Take care,
heather

Susan said...

Hi Kids,
It's been quiet today without the girls. I know they are having fun with Bamber. We are glad that you have some time to have fun and explore the area. We will be thinking of you tomorrow as you begin this first phase of your Mayo experience.
Love and prayers,
Mom and Tim