Saturday, July 5, 2008

Welcome to Minnesota

We have arrived in Minnesota! It has been along day and I am tired. I can't believe we are here. It is so surreal. The flights were fine and Rick didn't get air sick. I was dizzy on the small plane over to Seattle, but other than that it was fine.

At the airport at 6:30 a.m.
The view from the plane when coming into Minneapolis


We are adjusting to the 2 hour time difference and will have to eat a late dinner tonight because we had lunch at 5 o'clock after getting the car and driving out of Minneapolis on our way to Rochester. The weather forcast for tomorrow is calling for severe storms. So that should be interesting since I have been told the storm here can be very intense compared to what we are used to.
I will post more later tonight or tomorrow morning. I have some unpacking to do now.
Until next time,
Jaime

4 comments:

Susan said...

Mommy and Daddy,
I love you so much and I know I love you so much. Love, Megan

Susan said...

Dear Mom and Dad,
I really miss you. I love you soooo much. I have had a good time today and I just want to say that I really, really miss you,
Love, Samantha

Susan said...

Hi Kids,
Glad your trip was safe. Watch out for those storms and have some fun before your appointments begin. I love you both.
Mom

Connie said...

Hi, Jaime and Rick,

We're so proud of you both for having the courage to take this step! We know Rick's illnesses have been very worrisome, frustrating and stressful, and we admire you both for how well you've handled everything. I don't have any great words of wisdom - just know that there are lots of people who love you and support you, and pray for your continued strength and courage to face whatever comes. Actually, the more I read and contemplate the quote that was put on Amanda's memorial plaque by the Mead band parents who commissioned it, the more I understand how it applied in Amanda's situation, and how it can inspire us as we go through difficult times. (The first part seems a little strange, but the last half is good.)

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.....

We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

This is sometimes attributed to Nelson Mandela, but was actually written by Marianne Williamson, an internationally acclaimed author and lecturer. Every time I read this, I get something new out of it. You mentioned the other day that you feel a little intimidated by meeting the Mayo doctor who is considered the best in his field. It's certainly wonderful that you have this opportunity - just remember that YOU are powerful too - let your lights shine!

Lots of love,
Connie, Bill and Angel Amanda