Thursday, July 3, 2008

Where to start?

I have a lot to say tonight and I am not sure where to start.

First things first. I have to give a big shout out to Rick's friends at Rosauers. You know who you are and you know what you did. There are no words except Thank You!! It means a lot to us.

I have had lots of people ask how to leave comments on my blog. Under each post there is a link that says comments. I know it is small and hard to see, but it is there. It is underneath where I sign my name at the end of each post. Click on comments and it will send you to the comments page. You will need to create an account because I don't allow anonymous comments due to the risk of spam and negative comments. It is very easy to create an account if you don't already have one. I hope this helps and those of you that haven't signed yet will sign and let us know you were here. Just be sure to sign under the most recent post because each post has a seperate link for comments. Gosh I hope that made sense.

I can't believe that in 34 hours we will be on our way to Mayo. It is crazy!! I have so much to do still to finish getting ready. I do have all my errands done so I just need to finish packing. It wouldn't have been so bad except that I had to pack for the lake vacation we take the day after we get back from Mayo. The lake vacation was scheduled before we decided to go to Mayo, but it kinda worked out good that they are so close together because now Rick has three weeks off from work. Although he says he would rather be working instead of going to Mayo. I think he is just nervous. This is a going to be a good trip.

Megan is very upset that we are going to be leaving for so long. It was so hard to watch her cry her little eyes out when she realized how long we will be gone. She just kept saying she doesn't want Mommy to leave. It broke my heart. Samantha understands and is just excited to get to stay so long with Nana. We told them that we are taking an airplane to go see a doctor for Daddy. They know that Daddy's liver is sick and they see him take his medicine daily so they kinda get it. I just had to tell them something because they think that getting on an airplane means that we are going to Disneyland. I didn't want them to think that we were going to Disney without them.

I do have one very big concern about leaving. I don't want to miss seeing Megan lose her first tooth. We discovered a few days ago that she has a loose tooth, and the other tooth is already starting to grow in behind it. I hope that tooth doesn't fall out while we are gone. I would hate to miss the chance to say hi to the Tooth Fairy (wink, wink). So if you see Megan while we are gone don't ask her to wiggle it anymore. I don't want it falling out for at least another 9 days.

There are some people that I have to thank for making this trip to Mayo possible. First I want to say thank you to my new friend Debbie that gave us the inspiration to meet with Dr. Lindor. And a Big Thank You goes to Rick's parents for helping to pay for the flight and hotel. Also a Big Thank You to my Grams for helping us as well. And everyone say a prayer for my mom as she has the girls for most of the time. The girls will also be staying a couple days with Rick's parents so they will have a very full house for a couple days.

We appreciate everyones support. This is going to be stressful but we are going to get the answers we are seeking, I just know we are. Thanks for following along.

Until next time,
Jaime

3 comments:

Ladybug said...

Dear Jaime and Rick,
We are thinking of you on your journey and may the Good Lord Look after you and yours.
Our Prayers,
Tom and Linda

JackieThomposn said...

I LOVE YALL!!! Thanks for keeping the blog up to date...
Rick, the plane ride wasn't too bad, was it???

:)

Jackie

Ladybug said...

Dear Kids,
We're thinking of you today. The sun is going to be hot again today and our watering was done while we were in bed. Less stress on the growing stuff.

Your Grandma Ruth seems to be holding her own well for the problems she has to deal with. She is one awesome Lady!

HOpe you are coping ok and can come to some resolutions for treatments for Rick. Bless the children.

Love,
Tom and Linda