Thursday, July 10, 2008

Really Hard Day

Today turned out to be REALLY rough for Rick. He was not worried about it going in but I had this terrible feeling something was going to go wrong. Apparently the endoscopist had to cut into the common bile duct so that has caused him some pain. And after he was brought back to recovery he was not feeling good and starting throwing up blood. His blood pressure fell and he lost all color. It was very scary for me to watch. He has never had a problem like that after having an ERCP, the only problem he had before was being extra sleepy from the sedatives. Since the duct was nicked he has to take an antibiotic for a week to make sure an infection doesn't develop. The ERCP took a lot longer than the last one he had done at home. And so tonight he is not feeling good. He was in recovery for a long time and we haven't been back in the hotel for very long. I had to push him back to the hotel in a wheel chair because he is too groggy to walk very far.

On top of my being VERY anxious about this procedure there was a severe storm rolling through Rochester during the wait. I was in the family lounge watching the emergency broadcast warning of the dangerous storm. The nurse came in the lounge and closed the curtain and told us to stay away from the window. And then we were told to move to the nurses station if a tornado warning was broadcast. So of course that didn't help my nerves. I took a picture of the clouds from the window in the lounge (it is posted below).


BEFORE:

DURING:

AFTER:
We have an appointment with Dr Lindor at 8 am tomorrow morning. Rick is not allowed to eat anything until after that appointment because they may still order a liver biopsy. So tonight he is only allowed clear liquids like jello and chicken broth. He is feeling a little hungry but he doesn't feel good so that makes his hunger a little less. I am not feeling really great either. The stress of this is really starting to take its toll on me. The nurse was nice enough to give me a sandwich while Rick was in recovery. I wasn't prepared for being there that long so I didn't have anything but some crackers. I wasn't prepared to see Rick that way. I am reeling a little bit tonight.

I will post tomorrow after the appointment with what will hopefully be a lot of answers. Please keep Rick in your prayers tonight.

Jaime

3 comments:

JackieThomposn said...

I know things are tough... I KNOW YOU, and I know you will be strong for Rick... Of course I am praying for Rick sweetie, but I want you to know that a lot of my prayers are with you... Rick has doctors and nurses to take care of him health wise... I am also concerned about you. I know things are tough and stressful for you. Please remember that if you are weak, you can't help Rick...
I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!! You have been my very best friend for almost 17 YEARS!!! I know you very well, and I know that you will always put Rick first... you and I are alike that way... (I am about to get bossy... LOL) YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF SWEETIE!!!

Ok... now that I got that out of the way... :)
I am very happy this doctor is taking the time for the extra tests... I know that it wasn't planned, but I am happy... I know Rick isn't feeling well, but maybe he will have some answers for you...

I hope yall sleep well... Know that I love you all, and pray all the time for yall... :)
LOTS OF LOVE FROM TEXAS....

Jackie and Hunter

Aunt Ruby said...

Dear Jaime & Rick,
You both have been on my mind and in my thoughts & prayers each day. At the Bible Study at my house Tues. night I showed each person a picture of you and the girls, and we had special prayer for you. And this evening when I was in Cd'A to listen to Kenny's band at the new Riverstone Park, I reminded Dorothy & Karen to be praying for you (they already have been). A young lady from Omaha, Neb. was helping me get to my car -it was SO windy; when she heard me mention you, as we went to the car she had the most beautiful prayer for you. It was so unexpected for a stranger from Omaha, but it was SO neat. So please know that there are many, even strangers, who are praying.
The verse I found for you tonight is: Psalm 56:3,4: "When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God whose word I praise."
With lots of love,
Aunt Ruby

Susan said...

Hi Kids,
Hope you are sleeping as I write this ! John and Tonia have been evacuated due to the huge fire, so they are spending the night with us. You are missing all the excitement here...but then, you are having your own. I will be anxiously awaiting your call tomorrow morning...am praying that you get the answers we need. So many people are praying for you!! I am so proud of the courage that both of you have shown. With love and prayers, Mom