Monday, July 7, 2008

Tuesday's Appointments

I guess the timing for all of this is working out great. Rick's eyes have gotten more yellow and he has been having more liver pain. He has been having pain while we have been here. We really are hoping that tomorrow's appointments produce answers and hopefully more tests will be scheduled. We are hoping to make the very most out of the Mayo experience. Rick had to eat a fat free meal tonight, which is hard enough for him to do because he needs the fat. The dinner had to be eaten by 7 pm and now he is only allowed to drink water until midnight. After midnight he can have a few sips of water and that is it. Poor guy, he munches all the time and so he is already hungry again and dinner was only 2 1/2 hours ago.

The itinerary for tomorrow goes like this:
7:55 check in at administration
8:40 bloodwork (lots of vials of blood)
after this he is able to drink more water but no food yet
10:00 medical history
10:30 appointment and evaluation with Dr. Lindor
1:30 abdominal ultrasound
after this he should be able to finally eat, but we won't know for sure until after the appointments

We have to go back forth between three different buildings to go to all the different departments. It will be a busy day and we are both a little nervous. Our Mayo experience is about to begin. This is where we pray that we will get the answers we are looking for. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have a complete understanding of where Rick stands with the PSC.

I can't believe this is about to happen and I just pray that I will be able to sleep tonight. I need to be strong for Rick. He needs me even if he won't admit it. I just have to be strong.

I am going to go cuddle with my husband now. I will post after we get back from clinic tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers.

Until next time,
Jaime

4 comments:

Doug said...

Jaime,

Our prayers are with you both, God does give you the strength you need when you need it. It is great to be able to see your outlook so positive.

Doug

Unknown said...

Rick and Jaime:

We are all praying for you this morning! I am sorry to hear that Rick is not feeling well today, but you are right this is the right time for that. Hopefully the tests will reveal the answers today. Stay positive Jaime, and Rick keep you head up.

With Love, Sally

Aunt Ruby said...

Hi Jaime & Rick,
Just because I haven't written in a couple of days doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking and praying for each of you. Our pastor had special pray for you both on Sunday. The Bible verse that I found yesterday is from Psalm 28:7 - "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped."
Jaime, your great Grandmother Gunda Sorlie Sinrud (Your Grandma Ruth's and my Mother) used to tell us, "Keep your chin up", so in closing I will say "Keep your chin up"
Love and prayers to you both,
Aunt Ruby

Blonde Momma said...

Hope you are getting your answers. Can't wait to hear the update. Hope you're feeling better today Rick!